Thursday, April 15, 2010

Growing Up Hurts

New entry so today am stepping out of the story line and just share something that has been going on in my mind for a while.
So everyone Know that relationships are difficult all different type of them. Mother-father, parents- siblings, boyfriend –girlfriend, friendship.
There is where I wanted to reach, friendship. I do believe in friendship and that there are good people and good friends out there. That God created these special persons and put them into our lives with a purpose, and a mission. Some are for a season, some other for a lifetime.
I read the other day in proverbs ,it said that you don’t really know the friend that has not been tested, (promise ill research and find exactly where it is, and let you know.)
Now the reason why this passage did got my attention was actually because I had this situation, with one off my so called “best friends” I find out once again that the bible is always right, yeah I didn’t not know him, because the friendship was never tested.
It’s not like you have to put yourself into creepy bumpy situations on purpose, just to test your friend but, at least you should instead off just hanging out and having fun, take time to talk about valuable, and important stuff. Like how are you going to face the difficulties that you might face in the road.
Not really getting into details, of the situation I face, but I have to say that the so called problem was something I thought was ridiculous and out of my control, yet for my friend was a big deal, then his reaction was outrageous , hurtful and shocking to me. We end up not talking to each other for more than a month. Encounter feelings was stirred up inside me, and for a moment I was sad, ( ok that’s not true) I was sad and mad for a bit more longer than a moment ,actually it was like all that day long. Then, in my confusion and anger, I found the passage I mentioned before in the bible, it gave me a bit more peace, and make me start looking at thinks from a different angle. If this was not enough, just in case I didn’t get the picture very clear, that Sunday God spoke clearly to me when I went to church.
Preacher talk about how for years and years we pray and ask God to help us fix our life, to take away what’s in the way of a better relationship with him, to make us the men and women that he dreams of in the beginning, but as soon as something change in our life we start complaining and whining about it, and actually force things to be the way we want it.
As soon as God start changing things in our lives, and we don’t like it, or it don’t go according to Our plans, the first thing we say Is that, God is not hearing our prayers, and that the “Devil” is attacking us, and many other things.
Yet if we really look deep and close enough we will find, that he is actually taking us out of our control zone, and removing from our lives those persons that actually are slowing us down in the road. Those that have distract us from our goal, those that aren’t friends at all. And actually are just the rocks in our path. Don’t get me wrong they are people we usually love very much, but that aren’t giving anything valuable to our lives, and if we leave the love and appreciation we have for them, and put things on a balance we will agree that they aren’t bringing ANYTHING good to our lives, that they are like parasites, I thought that what the preacher was saying was a bit offensive, how is he going to call the people I love parasites? Then he started to describe the behavior of these persons, he said they we usually meet them and they are in need, people we actually want to help, then in the process they became our “friends” but instead of Me our you be the one who affect their lives , they end up affecting and changing ours.
They such out the essence of you, they take over your time, discourage you whenever you want to try something different, take a chance for God, do a mayor change in your live.
That’s when it started hitting me, hard in the face, he was right. I felt he was talking directly to me, he was describing my situation.
I have to be honest to myself, I didn’t like it. But I knew a change was needed, and am in a state in my life, where am just tired of losing my time, so I prayed and make a decision. I asked God to give me strength to accept his wild, and to help me to walk away from those persons that are slowing me down.
So I indeed walked away, I stop hanging out with “them”, am guilty of avoiding their company, and not in the business of returning their calls. Am not going to lie not all of it has been easy. Some days I miss their company, but I think this effort is worthy.
And I started to see the blessings of God, rewarding my obedience.
But I’ll tell you about that later. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment